- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Former Daily Show correspondent Lauren Weedman has joined the cast of
Universal’s Five Year Engagement, the comedy being produced by Judd Apatow.
Jason Segel and Emily Blunt topline with Alison Brie, Chris Pratt and Rhys
Ifans co-starring in the film directed by Nicholas Stoller.
The script, by Segel and Stoller, tracks two people (Segel and Blunt) who
fall in love and then proceed to work through a five year engagement.
Weedman plays a hard-nosed head chef at the restaurant at which Segel works
(Segel plays a man who dreams of opening his own restaurant).
Stoller and Rodney Rothman with also produce with Segel executive
In addition to being known for her work on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart,
Weedman, repped by UTA and Mosaic, has gained a following for her one-person
shows such as No, You Shut Up! and Bust. She is also of the writer of several books, with the
most recent titled A Woman Trapped in a Woman’s Body.
This past pilot season, Weedman starred in a Larry Charles pilot for NBC and
continues to recur as “Horny Patty” on HBO’s Hung. Her film credits include
Date Night and Imagine That.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day