- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Star Wars: The Force Awakens star Daisy Ridley has signed on to topline Lionsgate’s YA adaptation Chaos Walking.
Doug Liman is directing the post-apocalyptic thriller, which takes place in a world where all living creatures can hear one another’s thoughts in a stream of images, words and sounds called Noise.
Lionsgate picked up the rights to Patrick Ness’ best-selling young-adult trilogy in 2011. Oscar-winning screenwriter Charlie Kaufman (Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind) adapted the book, and Jamie Linden (Money Monster) penned a draft.
Doug Davison, who produced the Liman-directed Tom Cruise starrer Mena, is producing alongside Allison Shearmur (Rogue One, Cinderella).
Before Star Wars, Ridley was a relative unknown. Since starring in the Lucasfilm and Disney project, the actress has booked several other films, including Ophelia with Naomi Watts and drama The Lost Wife. She also recently shot Star Wars: Episode VIII.
Ridley is repped by CAA and Sloane, Offer.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day