- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Dakota Fanning may shine on the red carpet, but she doesn’t like the process leading up to it.
The actress says she hates trying on clothes, though she adores her stylist Samantha McMillen, who is No. 14 on The Hollywood Reporter‘s 25 Most Powerful Stylists of 2014.
“I love Samantha and I love working with Samantha, but one of the things I most hate in life is trying on clothes, ironically” Fanning says with a laugh. “I want to just visit with Samantha and talk to her, and I wish I didn’t have to try on the clothes.”
Fanning’s sister, Elle Fanning, is much more enthusiastic about the process.
“I’m very into trying on clothes, and I love putting all of the little details together,” she says.
McMillen says although her clients are sisters, they have very different fashion aesthetics.
“Dakota has more of an old Hollywood feel,” says McMillen. “Elle is more bohemian, and I think a little more sporty….I would never pull the same things for Dakota that I would pull for Elle.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day