- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Fifty Shades of Grey franchise star Dakota Johnson and Atlanta actress Zazie Beetz are in talks to join Armie Hammer in a thriller from Annapurna Pictures, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Iranian filmmaker Babak Anvari (Under the Shadow) will write and direct the feature that follows a New Orleans bartender whose life starts to unravel as a series of disturbing and inexplicable events happen after he picks up a phone left behind at his bar.
Lucan Toh of Two & Two Pictures and Christopher Kopp of AZA Films will produce along with Megan Ellison’s Annapurna, which has already slated the film for a March 29, 2019, release.
Johnson has just reprised her role of Anastasia Steele in Fifty Shades Freed. Beetz had a breakout role in Atlanta and will appear alongside Ryan Reynolds and Josh Brolin in 20th Century Fox’s upcoming Deadpool sequel.
Johnson is repped by WME and Ziffren Brittenham, and Beetz is repped by Gersh.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day