- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Motion Picture Capital, Route One and Oceanside Media are partnering for the Damien Chazelle-penned mystery The Claim.
Route One picked up the script, which appeared on the annual Black List in 2010 — four years before Chazelle made his breakout feature Whiplash. The production company is now moving forward with the project following Chazelle’s meteoric year with La La Land, with Scott Clayton’s Oceanside and Motion Picture Capital in tow.
The Claim follows a single father with a criminal background as he uncovers the whereabouts of his kidnapped daughter while fighting the mysterious claims of another couple who insist that the child is theirs.
A 2018 release for the film is being eyed.
Scott Clayton will produce under his Oceanside banner, alongside Route One’s Russell Levine and Leon Clarance of Motion Picture Capital.
Also producing is Jay Stern and Chip Diggins, the latter of whom first brought the script to Route One. Chris Lytton and Laure Vaysse will serve as executive producers, with Sophia Dilley co-producing.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day