- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Dan Aykroyd announced on Friday that he will make a donation to a fund established for the children of murdered police officer Robert Wilson III.
The actor was at the Philadelphia Flower Show promoting his vodka line, Crystal Head, when he took the stage and made the public announcement, NBC reported.
Wilson was shot and killed during an attempted robbery on Thursday. An eight-year veteran, Wilson was in the North Philadelphia GameStop store performing a security check and purchasing a game for his 8-year-old son when two gunmen entered.
The slain officer took fire at the two men after being shot. 30-year-old Carlton Hipps and his 26-year-old brother Ramone Williams have both been charged in Wilson’s murder.
On Friday, a trust fund was established for Wilson’s 8-year-old and 1-year-old sons.
— Mike Cermignano (@PPDMikeCerm) March 6, 2015
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Green Knight