- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
First the Kardashians — now, Tony Blair. With his latest verbal assault on politicians, Daniel Craig is certainly on a roll when it comes to media rants.
“Tony Blair started it much more than anybody’s ever done. … It becomes Mephisto,” he said, referring to the 1936 German novel about an actor who defers to Nazis in hopes of advancing his career and social status.
Continuing his rant, Craig added: “That’s how they become politicians, even the good ones. We’re actors, we’re artists, we’re very nice to each other. They’ll turn around and stab you.”
Craig, who stars in The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo and the upcoming James Bond film Skyfall, grew up the son of a pub owner father and art teacher mother in working-class England; besides politics, the 43-year-old actor also has some surprisingly strong opinions on the Kardashians, of all people.
“I don’t think they were that badly off [financially] to begin with but now look at them,” he told British GQ of reality TV’s most famous family in an interview. “You see that and you think, ‘What, you mean all I have to do is behave like a f–king idiot on television and then you’ll pay me millions?'”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day