- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
With Jordan Peele’s Get Out earning him his first Oscar nomination and Marvel’s Black Panther on track to gross $165 million in its opening weekend, it’s safe to say it’s been a good year for Daniel Kaluuya.
The Hollywood Reporter caught up with him at the premiere of Black Panther to talk about his monumental year. “It’s kind of an out-of-body experience because the reason why I do the films is because I believe in them, and I want to watch them, and I’m blessed to be given an opportunity to able to be in them,” he said.
When asked about working with Black Panther director Ryan Coogler, Kaluuya praised him: “He’s such a cool dude. He’s inspiring, he’s a good person and he gets it. He sees you, and he knows how to get what he wants out of you — you just trust him. I’d hang out with him. We did hang out, so it was an amazing experience.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day