- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Casting director Laura Rosenthal confirms to The Hollywood Reporter that Radcliffe, 22, will play poet Allen Ginsberg in the independent film, Kill Your Darlings, from Killer Films, Benaroya Pictures, and Dontanville/ Frattaroli Management, as first reported by MTV News.
While Radcliffe has been reportedly in talks for the project since last fall, the actor has avoided confirming his participation in the film costarring Elizabeth Olsen, Dane DeHaan, and Jack Huston.
“It’s one of the things that’s on the table absolutely,” Radcliffe tells MTV before the casting was confirmed. “It would be amazing and I’m very, very enthused for that script and that young director, [John Krokidas].”
Desribed as a thriller, Kill Your Darlings will capture how “a murder in 1944 draws together the great poets of the beat generation: Allen Ginsberg, Jack Kerouac and William Burroughs.” It is due in theatres next year.
This month, Radcliffe ended his roughly 10-month run on Broadway as J. Pierrepont Finch in How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day