- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
“The last movie is going to be really, really fast-paced and a load of action in it, and it is like a war film,” Radcliffe told Reuters. “If we had done this book in one film, the stuff that would have got cut is most of this film.” [Read THR’s review of Part 1 here.]
However, it’s Part 1 that the actor finds more appealing because it contains the most character development.
Part 1, Radcliffe added, is “so sedate compared to what the next one is going to be like. The next film, because you’ve had all the plot set up already, you can just kind of enjoy the insanity of all the action.”
Radcliffe also said that the cast and crew felt a tremendous amount of pressure to get the final two films just right. As a result, some scenes were being rewritten the day before they were shot.
“It was constantly moving and had a less settled feel than the other ones had had,” he said.
Deathly Hallows Part 1 opened Friday with a franchise-best $125.1 million bow, winning the weekend. Part 2 is scheduled to open in July. ABC Family recently acquired TV rights to both movies.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day