- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Recently sitting down for an interview and to eat some spicy wings on the popular YouTube series Hot Ones, the actor confirmed he broke a lot of wands while playing Harry Potter for eight films, but not due to usual wear and tear.
“The wands I broke a lot because I would just like drum on my legs with it all the time,” Radcliffe said. “So, once every three or four weeks, it would weaken to the point where it just snapped. So, I would say I was very sorry to the prop master, and he would give me a look like, ‘Please stop drumming.'”
As for the character’s glasses, Radcliffe said stories that he went through more than a hundred pairs are not true. “The reports are exaggerated, the glasses one massively so. I definitely didn’t break the glasses that often at all I don’t think,” he said.
Radcliffe currently stars in Escape From Pretoria, based on the true story of the three political prisoners who in 1979 escaped from Pretoria Local Prison.
Watch the full interview below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day