- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
While there’s not much action in the minute-long footage, Radcliffe looks grown up in period attire as his character, Arthur Kipps, pushes exhaustedly back from a pile of disorganized papers. Clearly frustrated, Arthur closes his eyes, and quickly begins to drift off to sleep. But behind him in an adjacent room, a shadowy figure advances towards him.
As his canine companion growls at the mysterious presence, a shadowy pair of hands encircle Arthur’s neck.
Radcliffe’s performance as Arthur Kipps marks the young actor’s first role since completing the Harry Potter saga last year with the release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2. Meanwhile, the film is director Watkins’ first since the release of 2008’s Eden Lake.
The Woman in Black follows Kipps, a young lawyer, as he travels to a remote town following the death of a client. While sorting through the client’s affairs, Arthur sees a woman dressed only in black, and soon finds himself in a race against time to uncover the woman’s identity, and her mysterious motives.
Check out the clip below for The Woman in Black, which premiered exclusively on MTV News Jan. 11:
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day