- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Written by Welsh and Dean Cavanagh and based on the autobiography of music mogul and former Oasis label boss Alan McGee, the film has also added Rupert Everett (The Happy Prince), Suki Waterhouse (Assassination Nation) and Jason Flemyng (Snatch) to its cast. Ewen Bremner, best know for playing Spud in Boyle’s Trainspotting, is set to play McGee.
McGee’s label, Creation Records, launched bands such as Oasis, Primal Scream and The Jesus & Mary Chain, standing at the forefront of the Brit-pop movement and selling over 60 million records worldwide. The film tells of relentless ambition, mental torment, drugs, bankruptcy, unfathomable wealth, courting politicians and of how one written-off young Glaswegian upstart rose to change the face of British culture.
Nick Moran, best known for his role in Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, is set to direct.
“I’ve been lucky to work with both Danny and Nick over the years and to have the two of them together on this project, along with Ewen, feels like a lottery win,” said Welsh.
Creation Stories — which is set to to shoot in London late May 2019 — is being produced by Burning Wheel Productions, with Metro International leading worldwide sales.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
David O. Russell
the banshees of inisherin