- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Danny Glover is getting in the holiday spirit.
The actor will star in Universal’s A Meyers Christmas — originally titled A Meyers Thanksgiving — which centers on an estranged family who is brought together over Christmas for the first time since their mother’s passing. The film is slated to hit theaters on Nov. 11, 2016.
Gabrielle Union recently joined the project, and also will executive produce, as The Hollywood Reporter exclusively reported.
The family comedy will be helmed by Baggage Claim writer-director David E. Talbert, who also wrote the script. Will Packer will produce through his Universal-based Will Packer Productions. Talbert is executive producing with Lyn Sisson-Talbert, Preston Holmes and Jeff Morrone. James F. Lopez of Will Packer Productions will also executive produce.
Kristin Lowe and Chloe Yellin will oversee A Meyers Christmas for the studio.
Four-time Emmy nominee Glover has more than 150 acting credits to his name. The prolific actor, known for his role in the Lethal Weapon franchise, also appeared in Dreamgirls, Shooter and TV series Brothers & Sisters and Touch. He has a slew of upcoming projects, including Diablo with Scott Eastwood and Paramount’s Monster Trucks. He’s repped by ICM Partners and Gotham/Principal.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day