- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
There are sure to be plenty more spoofs and parodies when The Dark Knight Rises finally hits theaters in July, but one mash-up of the trailer is already getting attention for its perfect match of the audio of The Dark Knight Rises and visuals from The Lion King.
The animated Disney movie and the Warner Bros. action film may seem like strange bedfellows, but if you watch the clip, you’ll find that the sync is close to perfect.
In the mash-up, Zazu the bird takes on the voice of Alfred (Michael Caine), Simba of course becomes the hero using Bruce Wayne’s (Christian Bale) voice and storyline, lioness Nala takes on the speaking role of Selina Kyle/Catwoman (Anne Hathaway) and Scar as Bane (Tom Hardy).
Disney’s 1994 classic, which was recently re-released in theaters in 3D and became a box office hit, has been mashed up with a variety of storylines and audio over the years, including The Matrix, Pulp Fiction and Inception.
The Warner Bros. film, the final installment in the Christopher Nolan-helmed trilogy, will take place eight years after The Dark Knight. Tom Hardy has joined the cast as the villain Bane, who wears a mask that feeds him gas to alleviate pain from an injury. The Dark Knight Rises hits theaters July 20.
Watch the mash-up below:
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Tokyo Film Festival