- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Warner Bros. attached a teaser trailer for The Dark Knight Rises to Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows: Part 2 and the sucker is finally hitting the web today.
And what’s the initial reaction?
Christopher Nolan’s final Batman movie doesn’t come out until July 20 of next year and we at Heat Vision could have easily waited a few more months for something more substantial. Any trailer that recycles footage from previous movies, as this one does for its beginning, and has shots that won’t be in the actual movie (like the crumbling city revealing a bat-like sky) should just go back to the drawing board.
Not that it doesn’t have some enticing bits. The shot of Bane, for example, is terrorrific.
But putting a teaser in front of the biggest movie of the year (the movie opened to an astounding $476 million worldwide) was something Warners could not resist.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day