- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Though theaters will already be bursting at the seams with superheroes next month, they will need to make room for one more. The third and final trailer for The Dark Knight Rises will be shown ahead of Marvel’s The Avengers when it’s released in the U.S. May 4, a Warner Bros. rep confirms to THR.
NolanFans.com, a Web site dedicated to Dark Knight helmer Christopher Nolan, noticed the placement for the trailer listed on a Warner Bros. exhibitor site. It’s scheduled to play on both 2D and 3D conventional screens as well as 2D and 3D IMAX screens.
‘This isn’t the first time Warners has used a Marvel release to promote a film. A trailer for Nolan’s Inception ran with Iron Man 2 in 2010, and the final trailer for The Dark Knight was shown before the first Iron Man two years before that.
Just as The Dark Knight set box office records in 2008, The Avengers appears poised for greatness.The Marvel Studios film is tracking to open north of $150 million, which would put it in the same territory of The Dark Knight’s $158 million opening weekend four years ago.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day