- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
This is not the Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver’s first time in front of the cameras in a non-football game role -– he is a former Dancing with the Stars champion.
Ward spoke to the media after the trailer was release to talk a little about his role in the film. Although since he’s been sworn to secrecy about most of the film, he was limited in what he could say. Ward was invited by the producers to be a part of the film, along with several other pro football players.
“It blew me away. I mean to be a part of something that will last forever was amazing. I was truly blessed to be a part of it all,” Ward told the Los Angeles Times about his reaction to seeing himself in the trailer.
Ward, who said he’s always been a Batman fan, told USA Today that he doesn’t usually take kickoff returns, which is what he’s pictured doing in the trailer. The scene was filmed at Heinz Field in Pittsburgh.
“I hadn’t run back a kickoff in forever,” said Ward. “It was a little bizarre. But I scored on the return and any time I score it’s a lot of fun.”
Watch the trailer featuring Hines Ward here.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day