- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Oscar-nominated screenwriter John Logan, whose credits include Gladiator and The Aviator, is rewriting a script by Aronofsky and Ari Handel.
Noah is one of several high-profile films that Parent, who landed a first-look production deal at Paramount in February, has become attached to in recent months. In August, she joined the producing lineup of Legendary Pictures’ Pacific Rim, the sci-fi movie being directed by Guillermo del Toro. And in October, Parent signed on to produce the sci-fi film Hyperdrive via her Disruption Entertainment shingle after Paramount acquired the hot spec script.
Parent is the former chairman of MGM’s worldwide motion picture group; she left the studio in October 2010 — while it was in the midst of a bankruptcy — after a year of stalled production operations.
During her MGM tenure, which began in 2008, Parent released only a handful of films, include a remake of Fame (2009) and Hot Tub Time Machine (2010). Before MGM, she served as head of production at Universal and was a successful producer.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day