- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Gia Mantegna, daughter of actor Joe Mantegna, has been named Miss Golden Globe 2011 and take part in the Hollywood Foreign Press Assn.’s 68th annual Golden Globe Awards on Jan. 16.
Her selection — in the role traditionally given to the offspring of a celebrity — was announced by HFPA president Philip Berk on Thursday evening at an HFPA/In Style party held at Cecconi’s in West Hollywood.
“We are thrilled to have Gia as this year’s Miss Golden Globe,” said Berk. “She is just as talented as she is beautiful and will surely be a great addition to the show.”
Mantegna made her acting debut at 13 in the 2003 film Uncle Nino, alongside Anne Archer, Trevor Morgan and her father. In 2006, she starred in Warner’s Unaccompanied Minors. She has also appeared alongside Jennifer Garner in 13 Going on 30 and Adam Brody in In the Land of Women.
She recently finished production of Emergo. Her television credits include CBS’s Criminal Minds and Medium as well as a recurring role on ABC Family’s The Secret Life of the American Teenager.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day