- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
They might have one of the most anticipated superhero movies of the year, but things really aren’t looking too good for Warner Bros’ Suicide Squad in a new image of the team shared by director David Ayer on Twitter Monday afternoon.
Shared with just Ayer’s preferred hashtag for the project — #Skwad — the new image features a somewhat desperate looking group shot of the cast, including a panicked Captain Boomerang (Jai Courtney), concerned Rick Flag (Joel Kinnaman) and Deadshot (Will Smith), while Karen Fukuhara’s Katana, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje’s Killer Croc and Margot Robbie’s Harley Quinn look far more ready for action. In Robbie’s case, terrifyingly so.
Also appearing in the movie are Cara Delevingne, Viola Davis and Jared Leto, who plays Batman villain The Joker; all three played big roles in the first footage released from the movie, although their absence from the new shot suggests that none will be part of the core team. (Ben Affleck’s Batman is also reported to make an appearance in the movie.)
Written and directed by Ayer, Suicide Squad will be released Aug. 5.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day