- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Columbia is in final negotiations to pick up rights to the Evan Mandery novel, which was published in August. Matt Tolmach will produce with Pouya Shahbazian, who manages Mandery.
In the Harper Collins novel, a man is visited by a future version of himself and told not to marry the love of his life. He agrees and spends the rest of his life trying to undo that fateful choice and find the only woman he ever loved, even as he is visited by other future selves, all trying to redirect his life.
The tone is described as It’s A Wonderful Life with a combination of romance, comedy and drama.
Matt Tolmach Productions executives Robert Kessel and Kate Checci spotted the book and will shepherd development of the adaptation.
Andrea Giannetti is overseeing Q for Columbia along with Hannah Minghella.
Green has The Sitter coming out from Fox in December, and last directed Your Highness. Green worked with Tolmach when he was Columbia’s production chief.