- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Legendary has tapped David Koepp to pen its adaptation of the Marcus Sakey novel Brilliance.
Joe Roth and Palek Patel are producing along with Legendary.
Taking cues from Marvel’s X-Men franchise, the book takes place in a world where a rare set of people are born with extraordinary abilities and are called “brilliants.” At the center of the story is a federal agent with great hunting gifts who is drafted to hunt down a terrorist, another such brilliant who intends to start a civil war.
The book is due to hit stores in August and is intended to be part of a trilogy.
Alex Hedlund is overseeing for Legendary, which is coming off a strong opening with its Jackie Robinson baseball drama 42.
Hiring Koepp signals that Legendary intends to aim high with the adaptation. The scribe is among the town’s highest-priced and in-demand script crafters whose credits range from Steven Spielberg’s Jurassic Park and War of the Worlds to franchise starters such as Mission: Impossible and Spider-Man and reboots like the upcoming Jack Ryan.
He is repped by CAA.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day