- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
David O. Russell will be honored at the 20th Annual Art Directors Guild’s Excellence in Production Design Awards, where he will be presented the Cinematic Imagery Award.
“Year after year David O. Russell has delivered consistent excellence and creativity in his motion pictures. His films are not genre specific,” said ADG chairman Marcia Hinds. “They are story- and character-specific and an integral part of those stories is the production design.”
The award is meant to honor filmmakers whose body of work has “richly enhanced the visual aspects of the moviegoing experience.” Previous winners of the accolade have included Christopher Nolan, Martin Scorsese, Clint Eastwood and John Lasseter.
Russell, who is a five-time Oscar nominee, is known for his work on films like Silver Linings Playbook, The Fighter and American Hustle.
The director’s next film, Joy, stars Jennifer Lawrence, Bradley Cooper and Robert De Niro, and follows the story of the creator of the Miracle Mop as she becomes the powerful matriarch of a business dynasty.
The 20th Annual Art Directors Guild’s Excellence in Production Design Awards will take place at the Beverly Hilton Hotel on Jan. 31, where Owen Benjamin will act as host.
Joy is set to hit theaters on Christmas Day.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day