- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
David Oyelowo is in talks to join the cast of One Shot, the Tom Cruise crime drama project.
Oyelowo is coming off of a big summer that saw him turn out a standout performance in Rise of the Planet of the Apes; he also appeared in The Help.
One Shot is a Paramount-Skydance adaptation of a 2005 Lee Child crime thriller that centers on Jack Reacher (Cruise), an ex-Army cop who gets sucked into the mystery surrounding the arrest of a sniper accused of killing five random people in a shooting.
Oyelowo will play a veteran homicide detective investigating the shooting.
In August, THR reported that Rosamund Pike will play Cruise’s love interest. Christopher McQuarrie is set to direct. Paramount is eyeing a fall shoot in Pittsburgh.
Oyelowo is represented by ICM, the U.K.’s Hamilton Hodell and manager Glenn Rigberg at Inphenate.
Paramount declined to comment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day