- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Universal Pictures has inked a three-year first look deal with de Passe Jones, the shingle run by Suzanne de Passe and Phillip Madison Jones.
De Passe is best known for exec producing 1989’s acclaimed mini-series Lonesome Dove, but has more recently been working in the awards show field.
Jones founded IPM, an entertainment, media and IP licensing firm that is best known for concluding a global licensing program for the estate of Martin Luther King, Jr.
“Suzanne and Madison are trailblazing producers who have great respect in multiple divisions of the entertainment industry,” said the studio in a statement. “We are fortunate to work with such respected partners and look forward to their upcoming projects with the studio.”
The deal marks the fourth first-look signed by Universal in recent months, with the others involving Justin Lin, Chris Morgan and Vin Diesel.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Weird Al Yankovic
Freddie Prinze Jr.