- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Tommy Wirkola, the Norwegian director behind Dead Snow and Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters, has signed with Principato Young Entertainment.
The signing happened as Wirkola was coming off the Sundance premiere of Dead Snow: Red vs. Dead, the sequel to the cult Norwegian zombie horror movie Dead Snow. Go USA picked up the distribution rights to Red vs. Dead the night of the movie’s premiere.
Dead Snow also premiered at Sundance, in 2009, and it was that movie that got Wirkola noticed by Hollywood and led to his first studio movie, Paramount’s Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters, which made $225 million worldwide.
Wirkola’s next project is What Happened to Monday, a sci-fi Black List script that has Noomi Rapace attached to play septuplets. He is also working on a sequel to Hansel & Gretel at Paramount. Additionally, he is developing an untitled pilot for Showtime, which he created and will be produced by Will Ferrell and Adam McKay‘s Gary Sanchez Productions.
Wirkola continues to be repped by CAA and Bloom Hergott.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day