- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Eddie Marsan, the British character actor who played the evil headmaster in Deadpool 2, has joined the cast of Hobbs and Shaw, Universal’s Fast and Furious spinoff starring Dwayne Johnson and Jason Statham.
David Leitch, who directed Marsan in both Deadpool 2 and Atomic Blonde, is directing Hobbs and Shaw.
The movie, which has a release date of Aug. 2, 2019, will focus on the adventures of former diplomatic security service agent Luke Hobbs (Johnson) and mercenary and sometime bad guy Deckard Shaw.
Idris Elba and Vanessa Kirby will also appear in the spinoff.
Chris Morgan, the venerable screenwriter of most of the Fast and Furious movies, penned the script.
Executive vp production Mark Sourian and vp production Jay Polidoro are overseeing for Universal.
Marsan, who co-stars on Showtime’s Ray Donovan and whose credits also include movies such as V for Vendetta and Gangs of New York, is repped by UTA and Markham Froggatt.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day