- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ed Skrein, who played the villain in Deadpool, has joined the cast of Lionsgate and Millennium’s Hellboy reboot.
David Harbour is toplining as the demonic hero from the Mike Mignola comic books in a new feature that is being directed by Game of Thrones helmer Neil Marshall.
Ian McShane is already cast as the hero’s adoptive father, while Milla Jovovich is playing the villainess, a medieval sorceress out to destroy humankind.
Skrein will play Major Ben Daimio, a rugged military member of the Bureau for Paranormal Research and Defense who, due to a supernatural encounter, can turn into a jaguar when angered or in pain.
The project is heading toward a September start and will shoot in the U.K. and Bulgaria.
Larry Gordon and Lloyd Levin are among the producers, as is Mike Richardson of Dark Horse Entertainment.
Skrein played the villain Ajax in Deadpool, the 2016 Ryan Reynolds hit that made $783 million worldwide. The Britain-born actor also headlined 2015’s The Transporter Refueled and will be seen in Robert Rodriguez’s Alita: Battle Angel, due in theaters in summer 2018.
Skrein is repped by CAA, 42 Agency in the U.K. and Bloom Hergott.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day