- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
He fearlessly ferried the Merc with the Mouth in Deadpool, but Karan Soni is going places himself — The Hollywood Reporter has exclusively learned that the actor, who played taxi driver Dopinder in Fox’s surprise record-smasher, has signed with CAA.
Soni also recurs on Starz’s comedy Blunt Talk as Martin, the segment producer enjoying some extra employee benefits from his executive producer (Jacki Weaver). And like that show’s lead, Patrick Stewart, Soni starred as a spaceship captain last year on Yahoo’s Paul Feig sitcom Other Space, which THR critic Keith Uhlich said “boldly, and ribaldly, goes where no man has gone before.” Soni also was a series regular on Amazon’s proto-Silicon Valley comedy Betas.
Soni will reunite with Feig in Sony’s much-anticipated Ghostbusters reboot this summer, and he appeared in the studio’s Goosebumps adaptation last year. His feature debut was in Colin Trevorrow’s 2012 Sundance darling Safety Not Guaranteed, starring alongside Aubrey Plaza as two magazine interns on assignment with their staff writer (Jake Johnson).
Soni continues to be repped by manager Josh Lieberman at 3 Arts and attorney Lev Ginsburg at Ginsburg Daniels.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day