- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Fans of the Merc With a Mouth, who led the Marvel film to a history-making debut at the box office, have launched a Change.org petition calling for the antihero to host an upcoming episode of the NBC sketch comedy show.
“We’ve all seen the trailers, the magazine covers, the viral videos, and the billboards by now, so what’s left for Deadpool (Ryan Reynolds) to do?” creator Andrew Stege asks in the petition, which is directed to SNL, creator Lorne Michaels, parent company NBC and Reynolds.
The petition goes on to ask, “How would this not be hilarious having Deadpool in sketches, breaking the 4th wall, and inserting some of his brand of humor (obviously toned down a bit for network television)!?!?!”
The petition had 42,173 signatures and was continuing to grow on Thursday night.
Reynolds and his alter-ego have been making waves at the box office — the R-rated film grossed a record-breaking $132.7 million over its debut weekend, giving it one of the best showings ever for a superhero film.
Still, in the history of SNL, an actor has never hosted an entire episode as a fictional character.
A rep for SNL did not immediately return a request for comment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Warner Bros. Discovery