- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
PARIS – Kanye West’s favorite actor is getting a tribute in Deauville, France.
Festival director Bruno Barde called the Anchorman and Stepbrothers actor “the king of American comedy.”
“The Deauville American Film Festival is, as its name suggests, the festival of all kinds of cinema, of every genre, and therefore considers nothing off-limits,” said Barde.
“Zany, caustic, satirical, off-the-wall and over-the-top, he is all that and more — a pure delight for the audience,” Barde said in comparing Ferrell to France’s all-time favorite U.S. comedian, Jerry Lewis.
Ferrell will join fellow honoree Jessica Chastain and director James Cameron, who will present his latest film, Deepsea Challenger 3D, in the seaside Normandy town in September.
The Deauville Film Festival runs Sept. 5-15.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day