- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Netflix has unveiled the directors for its upcoming Indian original series Leila, including Deepa Mehta, who also serves as the creative executive producer for the show.
Mehta, known for her acclaimed trilogy Fire, Earth and Water in addition to the film adaptation of Salman Rushdie’s book Midnight’s Children, will be joined by Shankar Raman (Gurgaon) and Pawan Kumar (Lucia).
Urmi Juvekar, known for such Bollywood titles as Oye Lucky! Lucky! Lucky Oye! And Detective Byomkesh Bakshy, serves as Leila‘s showrunner.
Based on the book of the same name by Prayaag Akbar, Leila is a dystopian drama set in the near future and revolves around a mother’s search for her lost daughter.
The series recently filmed in the capital New Delhi. Its cast includes actress Huma Qureshi. The six-episode series will be available on Netflix globally next year.
At its first Asian showcase event in Singapore recently, the video giant also unveiled its broader Asia slate, which includes eight original films.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day