- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
A safer tomorrow isn’t always a better tomorrow, as the first trailer for Defective confirms.
The upcoming film takes place in the near future in which a police state rules the land, and a man named Rhett Murphy (Colin Paradine) and his estranged sister Jean (Raven Cousens) must attempt to escape with their lives after uncovering dark secrets of a sinister corporation. Heat Vision has the exclusive first-look at the trailer and poster, which puts a rather unfriendly (and metallic) face on law enforcement.
Canadian writer-director Reese Eveneshen, who helmed the film, previously directed the 2010 zombie movie Dead Genesis. Peter Szabo produced the film through his Possibility Films alongside Isaac Elliott-Fisher.
Filming has wrapped recently, and Galen Christy’s High Octane Pictures will soon be shopping Defective domestically and internationally at upcoming markets.
The short trailer hints at some cool special effects, but the money shot has to be a large banner on the side of a building touting the robotic-looking law enforcement officers.
Defective is due out in 2018.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day