- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Demetrius Shipp Jr., who played Tupac Shakur in the biopic All Eyez on Me, and Essence Atkins (Marlon) are starring in the mystery drama Same Difference, from writer-director Derege Harding and Datari Turner Productions.
Produced by Datari Turner, Same Difference, which is shooting in Los Angeles, follows a young woman (Atkins) who is told that her death is imminent by a mysterious group of people who all start dying one by one. The woman must let go of the past and reconcile with her estranged twin sister, also played by Atkins, who is suffering from alcohol addiction.
The film’s ensemble cast includes Terrence Jenkins, Kandi Burruss, Affion Crockett and Page Kennedy. Turner’s most recent film, A Boy A Girl A Dream, debuted at Sundance and stars Omari Harwick, Meagan Good and Jay Ellis.
Jenkins executive produces Same Difference, along with Atkins. Tim Weatherspoon, Louis Steyn, TJ Steyn, Phil Thornton, Jash’d Belcher, Jamal Chilton, Damone Smith, JP Ramzy and Shaun Livingston also are executive producers.
Shipp is with CAA; Jenkins is repped by WME and attorney Darrell D. Miller; Atkins is with Don Buchwald and Associates; and Turner is repped by CAA and attorney Linda Lichter.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day