- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
After a breakup, it’s common for a person to make changes such as getting a new haircut or a new wardrobe. For Demi Moore, getting a new Twitter handle is apparently also part of the process.
She had previously gone by @MrsKutcher, even after the divorce from the Two and a Half Men star. In December, Moore defensively tweeted that changing her Twitter handle wasn’t “a top priority now.”
Moore noted choosing a new name had been difficult because of the crowded Twitter landscape.
“So hard finding a name that was fun somewhat playful and available,” the actress tweeted Thursday evening. “So for now it will be @justdemi It could grow on me!”
She received congratulatory tweets from friends and Twitter observers alike.
Amanda de Cadenet, host of Lifetime’s The Conversation, called the name “an excellent choice.” Moore responded by praising de Cadenet’s appearance on Good Morning America earlier in the day.
Moore’s Twitter change comes two weeks after she made her first public appearance after completing a stint in rehab. She announced she would retire the @MrsKutcher handle and began taking suggestions for its replacement.
At the time, CNN host Piers Morgan had one for Moore: @mrsmorgan.
“I think that one is taken,” she tweeted back.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day