- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Demián Bichir, currently starring in the spooky box office hit The Nun, is in talks to join Godzilla vs. Kong, Legendary and Warner Bros.’ latest monster movie.
Bichir will join Millie Bobby Brown, Julian Dennison and Brian Tyree Henry as the leads in the creature feature, which will be directed by Adam Wingard.
Production is due to begin in November in Atlanta with an eye on a May 22, 2020, release date.
Character and plot details are being kept deep in the jungle, but the film will feature the meeting of two of moviedom’s most famous creatures, with the tease of finding out who is the king of all monsters, Godzilla or Kong.
Bichir was nominated for an Oscar for his work in drama A Better Life and appeared in Quentin Tarantino’s The Hateful Eight.
Bichir plays a priest who faces unholy evil in The Nun, which has become the highest-grossing movie in New Line’s horror franchise based on The Conjuring. The movie has grossed over $359 million worldwide on a budget of around $22 million.
The CAA-repped actor will next be seen in Chaos Walking, a remake of The Grudge, and stars in and produces ABC’s The Grand Hotel.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day