- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
First Look Media’s newly branded studio Topic has come on board to co-produce and co-finance Dan Gilroy’s upcoming drama, starring Denzel Washington.
The feature, previously titled Inner City, follows a Los Angeles attorney who, after the death of his longtime partner, joins a prestigious law firm where he takes on a case that changes his entire life.
Colin Farrell, Hugo Armstrong and Moonlight‘s Ashton Sanders will also star in the feature, which is being produced by Jennifer Fox and Escape Artists’ Todd Black.
Topic is joining a long list of co-producers and financiers on the project, including Sony Pictures, Cross Creek, Charles King’s Macro, Image Nation, and Bron Studios.
First Look Media president Michael Bloom and Adam Pincus have joined the drama as executive producers. The movie is eyeing a late 2017 release.
The fledgling Topic has lined up several splashy projects, including period movie On the Other Side that will see Carey Mulligan star as a Vietnam war correspondent. Upcoming films also include Bastard, the directorial debut of Silence cinematographer Rodrigo Prieto, Debra Granik’s My Abandonment and the Sundance doc Nobody Speak: Hulk Hogan, Gawker & Trails of Free Press, which will premiere on Netflix.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day