- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Dianna Agron, best known for her starring turn in Glee, has joined the bold-faced names in As Sick as They Made Us, an indie drama that Mayim Bialik is directing. The former star of Blossom and The Big Bang Theory also wrote the script.
Dustin Hoffman, Candice Bergen and Simon Helberg are attached to star in the ensemble that is described as family drama centering on a broken family and a daughter trying to keep it somewhat together.
Argon will play the daughter, with Hoffman and Bergen as the parents and Helberg as the brother.
When the project first came together at the American Film Market in 2019, it had Olivia Thirlby in the daughter role. However, as happened with many indies, the pandemic caused schedules to shift. The project is now headed toward a summer shoot in New Jersey.
Anne Clements, Ash Christian, and Yale Productions’ Jordan Yale Levine and Jordan Beckerman are producing. Film Mode is handling sales, and Clay Epstein and Ori Eisen are acting as executive producer.
Agron, who appeared in the award-winning Sundance drama Novitiate, has Shiva, Baby, a comedy that was well-received at the 2020 editions of SXSW and Toronto International Film Festival, due for release this year.
She is repped by Grandview and Hansen Jacobson.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day