- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The first teaser for The Dictator starts out with clips of some of President Obama and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, among other leaders, talking about the tyrant who must be stopped.
That tyrant, General Aladeen, is played by Sacha Baron Cohen, who puts on the garb and a serious beard to portray an evil ruler of a fictional third-world country who is exiled to the U.S. The film is clearly a thinly veiled satire of the infamous and often strange behavior of certain leaders, including the late Saddam Hussein and Moammar Gadhafi.
The film is inspired by the novel Zabibah and The King by Saddam Hussein.
What else does the trailer show? A terrorist joke about the Empire State Building by John C. Reilly. A run-by-shooting on a track field.
And sex with Megan Fox.
In one of the funniest snippets, Fox is paid for sex with a handful of gems.
“What’s this? A ruby? Is that a joke? What am I, a Kardashian?” she says.
“No of course not, you’re much less hairy,” responds Cohen’s character.
The film, co-written by Cohen, is currently set for a May 11, 2012, release.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day