- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Dimension Films has picked up the U.S. rights to Angry Little God, a psychological thriller from Daniel Stamm, the director of The Last Exorcism.
IM Global will finance and produce the pic, a remake of a Thai thriller titled 13: Game of Death.
Brian Kavanaugh-Jones of Automatik and Kiki Miyake are also producing. Jason Blum of Blumhouse is executive producing with Somsak Techaratanaprasert.??
The original movie followed an indebted man who gets a mysterious phone call telling him he’s on a hidden camera game show while also offering him a fortune if he completes thirteen tasks. The man accepts the challenge but is soon over his head as each task is more horrifying than the last.
Stamm, repped by CAA and Underground, and his writing partner David Birke wrote the script. Stamm will direct.
No start date or release date was given. ?
UPDATE: Rising indie actor Mark Webber, who be best known for playing Stephen Stills in Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, is in early talks to star in the movie. Webber had three movies at Sundance this year, including The End of Love, which he wrote, directed, and co-starred in. He is repped by Innovative Artists.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day