- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
After an afternoon of back and forth, Dionne Warwick says that Lady Gaga will be playing a role in Warwick’s biopic.
At a HFPA FilmAid party in Cannes, the legendary singer told THR that the pop star will, in fact, be in the movie that will center on her life. As Warwick explained, the confusion was rooted in the fact that Gaga’s music reps were the ones who knew about the deal, not her film reps.
“It is just a question of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing,” said Warwick. “I’m waiting now for an email from either her and/or her management letting me know that all the retractions that have been tracted will be retracted.”
The biopic, titled Dionne, was announced during the Cannes International Film Festival.
Immediately after the announcement, Lady Gaga’s reps sent out a statement saying she was not involved with the project. It read: “She is not attached and will not appear in this project.”
Gaga is supposed to play Cilla Black — Warwick’s “musical nemesis” — in the project, which is set to begin production late this year.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Red Sea Film Festival