- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Veep director Chris Addison has signed on to helm Nasty Women, MGM’s remake of Dirty Rotten Scoundrels.
Anne Hathaway and Rebel Wilson are attached to star in the new take on the 1988 comedy that starred Steve Martin and Michael Caine. The script features two women from different walks of life teaming up to con a tech prodigy out of his money.
Jac Schaeffer penned the script for MGM’s new version.
Addison’s boarding marks a reunion of the key members behind the unmade comedy The Shower. Schaeffer wrote the script that told of baby shower that gets upstaged by a massive meteor shower, with Hathaway attached to star and Addison on board to direct. The project was picked up over a year ago by Warners where it stalled out.
In addition to directing episodes of Veep, the British-born Addison has also acted in episodes of Doctor Who and Skins, among other credits.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day