- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Discovery VR and Google VR are launching an ambitious 38-episode virtual reality series that will take viewers on a journey across all seven continents.
Titled Discovery TRVLR, the series is divided into seven chapters, each exploring a different continent and the rituals and traditions of a variety of cultures.
The first chapter will debut on Nov. 3 on YouTube and DiscoveryVR.com and on the Discovery VR app. It can be experienced in VR with the Google Daydream View headset as well as with Cardboard; and it can be viewed through the web, Android and iOS phones.
“Like Discovery, Google’s VR team shares a passion for VR storytelling and we are thrilled to partner with them on Discovery TRVLR, our most ambitious endeavor to date,” said Rebecca Howard, senior vp emerging platforms and partnerships at Discovery VR.
Episodes filmed in North America, South America, Asia, Africa, Australia and Europe were written and directed by Addison O’Dea and produced by VR studio Here Be Dragons. Episodes filmed in Antarctica were directed by Barry Pousman and produced by Yes Please Thank You. Saschka Unseld (Oculus’ Henry) served as creative producer for the series.
The trailer for Discovery TRVLR can be viewed here.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day