- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Following a year in which it broke $7 billion at the global box office, Disney is set to be honored at this year’s CineEurope.
Tony Chambers, head of studio sales and distribution, and Lee Jury, head of studio marketing for the Walt Disney Company, Europe, Middle East and Africa, are set to receive the international distributors of the year award at the event, held in Barcelona in June.
“Both Tony Chambers and Lee Jury have set the bar incredibly high since taking over the sales, distribution and marketing of the EMEA division at the Walt Disney Company,” said Andrew Sunshine, vp of the Film Expo Group. “We are so delighted to have the opportunity to honor Tony and Lee for their accomplishments in leading Disney to a record-breaking success at the box office in 2016.”
Chambers and Jury oversaw the successful theatrical release of numerous titles across Europe, including Star Wars: The Force Awakens, the third highest-grossing movie ever released in the region. With their UK/Irish-specific responsibilities, they also delivered more than $370 million at the box office in 2016, the biggest-ever single box office year recorded by any theatrical distributor in that market.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day