- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Johnson is attached to helm from an untitled fantasy script that the studio picked up from Black List writer Cat Vasko, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed. Plot details are not known, but Olivia Cooke and LaKeith Stanfield are in early talks to star.
Mad Chance executives Andrew Lazar and Ben Simpson are producing the project.
Cooke was last in theaters with Amazon’s Life Itself and Steven Spielberg’s Ready Player One, and has several upcoming features set that include the John Boyega drama Naked Singularity. She is repped by CAA, Grandview and Hansen Jacobson.
Stanfield’s expansive credits include the FX series Atlanta, Jordan Peele’s Get Out and the recent Netflix release Someone Great. He is repped by CAA, Stark Management and Ginsburg Daniels.
Johnson, who is repped by CAA, Management 360 and Hansen Jacobson, was recently tapped to direct Rabbit Cake starting McKenna Grace for Amazon.
Vasko is repped by WME and Grandview.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day