- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
LONDON – The Walt Disney Company UK is beating the jungle drums on all fronts for The Lion King, planning a 3D rollout of the animation, a blu-ray push and a celebration of the 5000th performance of the stage show in the British capital.
Disney is to push a 3D version, in Disney Digital 3D, out wide on a wide theatrical rollout across the U.K. and Ireland for four weeks beginning in early October.
Starting on the 13th of September 2011, Disney also plans to celebrate the 5000th performance of the stage show version of The Lion King at The London Lyceum before the film’s planned 3D debut.
The Lion King will also be released on high-definition Disney Blu-ray, 3D Disney Blu-ray and DVD in November this year and the movie will make its U.K. 3D TV premiere on Sky 3D in December and will arrive on Disney Cinemagic early in 2012.
“By creating this celebration of one of our best loved stories we are giving new generations the chance to fall in love with this epic and enduring story,” The Walt Disney Company U.K. and EMEA president Diego Lerner said.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day