- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Katie Wech, who wrote Disney’s upcoming teen movie Prom, has been tapped to write another teen movie for the studio.
Plot details are being kept closer than a corsage to a dress but the script could end up acting as a sequel to the movie, depending on how the movie performs at the box office when it opens April 29.
Prom, one of the first movies greenlighted by the Rich Ross–Sean Bailey regime, features a cast of relative unknowns and up-comers in its tale of a detail-obsessed prom committee leader caught off-guard when she unexpectedly falls for the school’s bad boy, among several storylines.
The pic, made with a very modest budget, features characters that are seniors and sophomores, so the underclassmen could theoretically step up to the stage in a potential sequel.
Also, by getting the writing process started early, the studio moves itself into position to be able to act fast if it were to desire a movie for the same time next year.
ICM-repped Wech was an associate producer on Disney’s Jonas Brothers: The 3D Concert Experience. She was also a staff writer on USA’s supernatural TV show The Dead Zone.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day