- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Walt Disney Animation Studios has released the first image from its next animated short and Oscar contender, Feast, which will make its world premiere at the Annecy International Animated Film Festival on June 10.
The studio describes the short — which will open in theaters in front of Disney Animation’s Big Hero 6 on Nov. 7 — as “the story of one man’s love life as seen through the eyes of his best friend and dog, Winston, and revealed bite by bite through the meals they share.”
Its director is Patrick Osborne, who was head of animation on Disney’s Paperman, which won an Oscar for best animated short in 2013 (and played in theaters before Disney’s Academy Award-nominated animated feature Wreck-It Ralph).
Earlier this year, the studio received a nomination in the category for the animated short Get a Horse!, which opened for Disney’s Oscar winner Frozen.
Feast is Osborne’s first project as a director since joining Disney Animation in 2008 as an animator on Bolt and moving on to projects such as Tangled.
He also acted as co-head of animation for Big Hero 6 prior to assuming full-time directing duties for Feast.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day