- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Distributor nWave Pictures has acquired worldwide large-screen rights to Galapagos 3D from London-based Colossus Productions. Written and narrated by naturalist David Attenborough, produced by Anthony Geffen and directed by Martin Williams, the film explores the Galapagos Islands in the Pacific Ocean.
It will be released to Imax theaters and digital large-screen cinemas in February and will available in a variety of versions and formats — 38- and 20-minute versions, 3D and 2D, 15-perf./70mm film and 4K/2K digital formats.
PHOTOS: 5 of Fall’s Most Anticipated Movies: ‘Ender’s Game,’ ‘Catching Fire,’ ‘The Wolf of Wall Street’ and More
The industry premiere of Galapagos 3D will be held Sept. 15 in Ottawa, Canada during the Giant Screen Cinema Association 2013 Conference at the Canadian Museum of Civilization.?
?“After successfully launching Penguins 3D earlier this year at major US institutions such as the American Museum of Natural History in New York, Omaha’s Henry Doorly Zoo & Aquarium and Boston’s New England Aquarium, we are excited to again work with Attenborough and Geffen on this remarkable new film that will wow kids and families alike,” said Eric Dillens, chairman of nWave Studios.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day